On Nov. 3, 2017, Canadian TV broadcaster CBC’s “The Fifth Estate” program aired a 45-minute, in-depth investigative report: “Keystone XL: The Money Pipeline” on the lobbying and dark money being directed to promote and grease the wheels for TransCanada’s proposed Keystone XL pipeline.
- Bold Nebraska’s Jane Kleeb describes our FOIA request that exposed TransCanada’s presentation to FBI and Nebraska law enforcement, suggesting the prosecuting of peaceful pipeline protestors on terrorism charges.
- Farmer Rick Hammond, whose family hosts the #NoKXL Solar Barn on their land in the path of the pipeline, describes bullying by TransCanada’s land agents.
- NE State Senator Jim Smith, state chair of ALEC and recipient of TransCanada lobbying dollars talks on camera about pushing his pro-KXL bill through the state legislature.
- Lewis GrassRope from the Lower Brule Sioux and a former TransCanada “indigenous relations” rep expose TransCanada’s dark money payments of hundreds of thousands of dollars to the tribe.
- A flashback to TransCanada’s ill-advised “Husker Pipeline” ad during a home game at Memorial Stadium.