Our founding News Director Malinda Frevert is hittng the campaign trail. Malinda is joining CREDO’s new project to elect more moderate and progressive candidates than what the “tea party wave” brought to Congress during the 2010 elections.
Her departure will leave a huge void on our team. Do you have the chops to fill her shoes?
The job description is below. We want to fill the post soon, so get us your resume and other info (as listed below) by 2/24.
News Director Job Opening
The News Director is the key strategist behind Bold’s new media work and helps convert online action to offline action. The News Director is responsible for all online content, including the website, social media and emails to supporters. The News Director also helps organize and promote offline events which includes outreach to press.
- Provide strategic vision for all new media functions at Bold Nebraska
- Generate and manage all online content for the website (BoldNebraska.org) and social media including blog posts, Facebook, email to supporters, press releases
- Build and maintain relationships with local press, activists and other organizational leaders
- Develop, organize and implement action events
- Run internship program (recruit and manage interns)
- Stay updated on best practices for online organizing
- Manage and update statewide list of news contacts
- Measure and evaluate outcomes of online and offline activities
- At least 2 years experience with online and offline organizing
- Familiar with HTML and CRM platform–Bold uses Convio, but an understanding of other systems like Salsa or BlueStateDigital is acceptable
- Competency with Google platform (i.e. calendar, docs, etc.)
- New media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.) in-depth experience
- Strong communication skills, particularly writing
- Proficient research and analytical skills
- Solid leadership and management skills
- Ability to work under pressure with short deadlines
- Interest in Nebraska politics with a commitment of ensuring more moderate and progressive voices engaged statewide
- Familiarity of legislative and electoral process
- Knowledge of list creation and list management a plus
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full-time position with weekend and at times long and unpredictable hours
- Bold runs a “virtual office,” applicant must have strong independent work ethic and be able to interact throughout the day via Skype, phone and email
- Send the following information to email@example.com by 2/24/12
- Writing sample
- Cover letter and resume with two references
- Salary requirement