Our hero and fellow Pipeline Fighter Neil Young is coming to Lincoln on Saturday, July 11th to perform a concert at Pinnacle Arena with the band Promise of the Real — which includes Lukas and Micah Nelson. For anyone who attended the “Harvest the Hope” concert last fall, Promise of the Real stood out as a force. Rock legend Neil Young teaming up with the Nelson boys is a show that cannot be missed!
POLITICS & PINTS:
Bold Nebraska will host a pre-concert Politics and Pints event at Vega (a 2-minute walk from Pinnacle Arena) that will feature speakers and musical performances from local artists who appeared on the “Stopping the Pipeline Rocks” #NOKXL tribute album, including The Bottle Tops. Neil’s new album is called “The Monsanto Years” (listen via NPR), and Politics & Pints will focus on the risks that corporation brings to farms and our food system, and other threats to our land and water.
- WHAT: Bold Nebraska “Politics + Pints” Event
- WHERE: VEGA: 350 Canopy Street #220, Lincoln, NE 68501
- WHEN: Saturday, July 11 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- MUSIC: The Bottle Tops with Jim Pipher, Jack Hotel, Michael Murphy
- Jane Kleeb (Bold Nebraska)
- Ruth Chantry and Evrett Lunquist (Common Good Farm, Nebraska farming family part of OSGATA v. Monsanto lawsuit)
- Shane Davis (founder Fractivist.org)
- Greg Grey Cloud (Wica Agli)
- Art Tanderup (farmer and host of Harvest the Hope)
PURCHASED NEIL YOUNG CONCERT TICKETS FROM BOLD NEBRASKA?
- (REMINDER: Your tickets will be held for pick-up at the pre-concert event at Vega.)
- 1 ticket to the Saturday July 11th Neil Young & Promise of the Real concert at Pinnacle Arena in Lincoln, NE
- Admission and a guaranteed seat at the Bold Nebraska Pre-Concert “Politics + Pints” event at Vega
- 1 “Harvest the Hope” concert poster (must be picked up at Vega pre-concert event)
- There is a unique “Village of Activism” taking place inside the concert venue, where you can visit booths for nonprofits working on local food, clean energy and climate change issues. (Be sure to visit the Bold Nebraska booth!)