Meet our state bird and our spokesperson on the pipeline, the Meadowlark…
“I like singing, making my nest, sitting on fences and eating bugs. I dislike cats, my shrinking habitat and the Keystone XL pipeline. You can help me protect Nebraska. Take action today using the all the links below.
Be sure to follow me, A Little Bird, on Twitter for updates on the TransCanada pipeline. I like to tweet!
Some good recent news stories on the pipeline are over 100 citizens led a hearing on the Keystone XL and the Unicameral’s Natural Resources Committee voted LB 629 out to the floor for a full vote. It’s a small start to protecting the land.”
- SIGN the petition to national and Nebraska elected officials
- DOWNLOAD the Action Guide that has 10 things you can do to help stop the pipeline (make sure you check out the cool PDF version)
- READ more on our Pipeline Resource Page
- WRITE a letter to our Governor, State Senators, US Senators, President Obama or Sec. Clinton on why you want to stop the pipeline
- THANK State Senator Kate Sullivan for introducing, prioritizing and adamantly pushing legislation to protect our land and water
- FOLLOW me, the little state bird of Nebraska, on Twitter
- DONATE to help us continue our work on the pipeline
- ATTEND a Pipeline event or training