PRE-MARCH LANDOWNER MEETUP
- Saturday, June 6: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Heartland Restaurant, 289 East 5th Street, St. Paul, MN 55101
- Join us before the Tar Sands Resistance March for coffee and muffins from 9am-11am at Heartland restaurant in St. Paul. We will share ideas focused on landowners living along the various proposed tarsands and Bakken oil pipeline routes. Bring ideas that citizens can use to help landowners protect the land and water.
- All Nebraskans and landowners from other states are welcome! Ed Fallon from Iowa and Jane Kleeb from Nebraska will lead the discussion.
- We will then walk over to the march start location together, so we can march as a bloc of strong pipeline fighters. Wear RED or a Pipeline Fighter t-shirt or armband.
JOIN THE BUS TO ST. PAUL FROM OMAHA – LINCOLN – DES MOINES
Bold Nebraska is helping to organize and recruit riders for a shared bus to St. Paul to participate in the Tar Sands Resistance March in St. Paul on Saturday, June 6.
>>Tickets are $25 each and may be purchased at this link. **Scholarships also available!!**<<
Join the Facebook event for updates and info on other shared rides.
11-11:30 pm Load bus in Lincoln (First Plymouth Congregational Church, 21st & F)
12:00 midnight Depart to Omaha
1:00 am Arrive in Omaha, load passengers (First United Methodist Church, 7020 Cass St.)
1:30 am Depart to Des Moines, IA
3:45 am Arrive in Des Moines, IA, load passengers (CCI Headquarters, 2001 Forest Avenue)
4:15 am Depart to St. Paul, MN
7:45 am Arrive in St. Paul, MN
9:00 am (optional) Breakfast with Bold Nebraska and Nebraska landowners
10:00 am Resistance March programming starts
12:00 pm March kicks off
2:00 pm Rally at the Capitol
4:00 pm (optional) Food for purchase at local food trucks
6:00 pm Load bus for return trip
6:30 pm Depart to Des Moines, IA
10:00 pm Arrive in Des Moines, IA
10:30 pm Depart to Omaha
12:45 am Arrive in Omaha
1:15 am Depart to Lincoln
2:15 am Arrive in Lincoln
TAR SANDS RESISTANCE MARCH
- WHAT: Tar Sands Resistance March
- WHERE: March Starts at Lambert Landing – Shepard Road and N. Sibley Street, St. Paul, MN 55102
- March ends at the State Capitol Lawn – 75 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, St. Paul, MN 55155
- WHEN: Saturday, June 6th, 2015 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
It’s not just Keystone XL. Big Oil is trying to build and expand an enormous network of tar sands pipelines — some even bigger than Keystone XL — from Canada into the Great Lakes region. These tar sands pipelines, including the Alberta Clipper, along with crude oil trains and tankers, pose a growing risk to the Great Lakes, our rivers, our communities and our climate.
That’s why on June 6, thousands will gather in the Twin Cities for the Tar Sands Resistance March — the largest anti-tar sands event ever in the region. We are coming together to send a clear message: keep toxic tar sands out of America’s Heartland, fight for clean water, clean energy, and a safe climate!