- Misled government officials about the route and pipeline materials;
- Bullied landowners with threats of taking their land through eminent domain;
- Grossly exaggerated the jobs that could be created by the pipeline;
- Admitted to Canadian officials – when it thought Americans weren’t listening – that the purpose of the pipeline was to RAISE crude oil prices; and
- Downplayed its hazardous history of pipeline spills and denied the extra-hazardous nature of the diluted bitumen that Keystone XL would carry.
“TransCanada has time and again demonstrated that it is unworthy of America’s trust and unfit to construct any pipeline on our soil,” said Bold Nebraska Executive Director Jane Kleeb. “This is a corporation that has misled government officials and the American public, and will continue to do and say whatever it takes to construct their tarsands pipeline—regardless of landowners, property rights and our water supply. America simply cannot afford to entrust our water, health, safety, or economic future to a company with TransCanada’s dangerous and deceptive record.”