Today, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Sen. Ed Markey are introducing the Green New Deal resolution in Congress. 
The Green New Deal seeks to protect farmers and ranchers from the abuse of eminent domain for private gain, and to ensure that treaties with Tribal Nations are honored, and sovereignty and land rights are protected and enforced.
The Green New Deal is a 10-year plan to mobilize every aspect of American society to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions, and create economic prosperity for all.
The Green New Deal will:
- Move America to 100% clean and renewable energy
- Guarantee a job with a family-sustaining wage, labor protections, and retirement security to all members of our society
- Ensure a just transition for all communities and workers to ensure economic security for people and communities that have historically relied on fossil fuels
- Promote justice and equity by preventing current and repairing historic oppression to frontline and vulnerable communities
- Secure clean air and water, climate resiliency, healthy food, access to nature and a sustainable environment for all for generations to come
- “Ensure that public lands, waters, and oceans are protected and that eminent domain is not abused” 
- “Obtain the free, prior, and informed consent of indigenous peoples for all decisions that affect indigenous peoples and their traditional territories, honoring all treaties and agreements with indigenous peoples, and protecting and enforcing the sovereignty and land rights of indigenous peoples”
The latest climate report from the UN says we have only 12 years to transform our economy to preserve the stable climate human civilization has depended on for millennia. We need a massive mobilization of every sector of society in order to protect our planet for our grandchildren and future generations.
92% of Democrats and 64% of Republicans support a Green New Deal. 
Democratic and Republican leaders who don’t back the Green New Deal are out of touch and out of step with what their base and voters want.
The science is clear. The solutions are ready, overwhelmingly popular, and would create millions of good jobs.
Thanks for standing with us.
Jane and the Bold team
[1, 2] “Recognizing the duty of the Federal Government to create a Green New Deal“. H. RES. 116th Cong. (2019).
 “Poll: 92% of Democrats and 64% of Republicans support the concept of a Green New Deal,” Yale Program on Climate Change Communication, 12/14/18.