You can register to vote and change your address with the www.RocktheVote.com online tool.
Do it right now. Today. Don’t wait until 2012!
Steps to Register to Vote or Change Your Address:
1. Use the online tool from Rock the Vote to get registered today!
2. After you go through the online tool, print out the form and mail it to the Nebraska Secretary of State’s office. The address is printed on the form for you, so all you need to do is click here and go through the steps on the screen.
3. It’s very important you are registered to vote at your current address. If you’ve moved since you’ve last registered to vote, you can update your address on the Rock the Vote tool as well. If you need to update your address or your party affiliation, just leave the box UNCHECKED that reads “I am registering to vote for the first time.”
Steps to Vote Early/Vote by Mail (this is for the future, in 2012):
Maybe you will be gone on Election Day or maybe you go to school and want to keep voting at your Nebraska hometown address. Not a problem! If you need more info before you decide to vote by mail, get all the information here.
2. The last day to request an “early-voting ballot” is about a week before Election Day, but we suggest doing it at least a month ahead so you have to time to mail your request in, get the ballot and then mail the ballot back!
3. The Nebraska Secretary of State will then mail a ballot to you. You then have until Election Day (at 8pm) to have it arrive back to the Secretary of State. But we suggest once you get the ballot in the mail to fill it out and mail it back in right away.