Thank you to everyone who joined Bold’s Pipeline Fighter Conference Call on Thursday, July 13. Unfortunately the call service did not enable us to record the call, but highlights are below:
SUBMIT A #NoKXL COMMENT TO THE PSC
- Submit a written comment with your concerns on KXL to the Public Service Commission.
- Comment submission deadline: Aug. 11th at 5:00 pm. CT
- Bold and allies are planning a petition delivery to the PSC HQ in Lincoln (details to come)
GET YOUR PIPELINE FIGHTER T-SHIRT!
Show your Pipeline Fighter spirit at the upcoming Keystone XL hearings and the “March to Give Keystone XL the Boot” by sporting one of Bold’s iconic “Pipeline Fighter” t-shirts — or one of the many other designs in the Bold Online Store.
You can also purchase a shirt in person from Shirts 101 in Lincoln, NE. First, view the t-shirt designs online so when you go into the store you can tell them which design and size you want. They will then pull the shirt for you. Please bring either cash or check made out to Bold Nebraska.
LAST CHANCE FOR PUBLIC TESTIMONY: JULY 26
The final opportunity for members of the public to give oral testimony on Keystone XL will be at the Public Service Commission’s Public Meeting on Wednesday, July 26 at the Ralston Arena in Omaha. Doors open at 9am, hearing runs 10am – 6pm, and each speaker will be given 3-5 minutes to testify. Lunch will be provided by Bold.
AUGUST 6: MARCH TO GIVE KXL THE BOOT
Join us on Sunday, Aug. 6 to march through the streets of Lincoln, NE on the eve of the week-long KXL intervenor hearings at the Public Service Commission.
BUSES TO THE MARCH:
- Join the bus from Denver, CO (*also carpooling from Wyoming to join the bus)
- Join the bus from Wisconsin (Milwaukee, Madison), Illinois (Rockford) and Iowa (Davenport, Altoona)
- Join the bus from Wichita, KS
- Join the bus from Minneapolis, MN
- Join the bus from Kansas City, MO
- Join the bus from Cheyenne River Sioux Reservation (Eagle Butte, SD) and South Dakota
MIDWEST PIPELINE FIGHTER SUMMIT
- Bold Nebraska is collaborating with local 350.org and Sierra Club chapters in surrounding states to host a skill-sharing and training before the Aug. 6 March. The event will run from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and lunch will be provided.
- Click here to register for the Midwest Pipeline Fighter Summit
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR THE MARCH!
- We need lots of volunteers for help with “text-banking” recruitment and Art Builds before the March, and on the day of the March there are roles for Greeters, Marshals, Banner/Art Carriers, and Clean-up
- Click here to sign up to volunteer for the March to Give KXL the Boot
INTERVENOR HEARINGS AT THE PSC: AUG. 7-11
These hearings will feature more than 90 landowners who have refused to sell their land to TransCanada for the pipeline and fought eminent domain in court will challenge the permit, along with 30+ Nebraska residents, the Ponca Tribe of Nebraska and Yankton Sioux Tribe, Bold Nebraska, Sierra Club, 350.org and Oil Change International who will challenge TransCanada’s permit application.
The hearings will be conducted in a quasi-judicial setting, with attorneys for landowners, TransCanada, Tribes and Bold and allied groups presenting evidence, and cross-examining witnesses who will include landowners and scientific and economic experts from both sides.
Members of the public will be able to attend and observe — but not give oral testimony — at the hearings at the Marriott Cornhusker Hotel (333 S 13th St, Lincoln, NE 68508) starting at 9:00 a.m. each day during the week of Aug. 7-11. The PSC will provide paper comment forms that members of the public can write a comment on and submit to the PSC at the hearings.
(Note from Jane: We need to treat this hearing with deep respect and professionalism. Landowners, Tribal allies, legal team, advocates have worked day and night to get to this moment. We can stop the pipeline for the third time. Always follow the lead of landowners and the Bold team.)
- RSVP to stand with us at the PSC Intervenor Hearings Aug. 7-11 in Lincoln.
- Camping and Hotel Accommodations in Lincoln, NE
- Parking: There are many paid parking public garages in downtown Lincoln near the Cornhusker
SOLAR XL: PANELS, NOT PIPES
We are resisting Keystone XL by building clean, renewable solar energy in the path of the proposed KXL pipeline, partnering with Pipeline Fighter farmers and ranchers in Nebraska who have refused to sell their land to TransCanada. Project sponsors Bold Nebraska, 350.org, Indigenous Environmental Network, CREDO and Oil Change International are aiming to raise $50,000+ to build solar installations with three Nebraska families fighting KXL.