The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is holding the only hearing on the (almost) final rule of the Renewable Fuels Standard (RFS) on Thursday, June 25 in Kansas City, Kansas.
There are buses coming from various locations in Nebraska and other states. If you want to attend the hearing, please complete the form below and we will be in touch with transportation options. Bold may do car pooling, since Kansas City is within driving distance. By signing up you will help us with our planning.
Many biofuel groups in our state and across the country want to see the RFS raised, and so do we. The Omaha World Herald editorial board was right on target. The Farmers Union and Fuels America have lots of reasons why biofuels are critical to getting market share (and power) away from Big Oil.
We understand some of the concerns around ethanol; we also see the huge benefits of growing fuel that also helps feed cattle, is an alternative to oil-based plastic and is an economic driver for rural towns.
We want to show the EPA—and all the Big Oil buddies that will be at the hearing who hate biofuels—that those us fighting to stop Keystone XL are also working on solutions. We see biofuels as one of the many solutions our country needs if we are going to get Big Oil’s boot off our necks.
- WHAT: Join Bold Nebraska at Renewable Fuels Standard (RFS) Hearing in Kansas City, KS
- WHERE: Jack Reardon Center, 520 Minnesota Avenue, Kansas City, KS (map)
- WHEN: Thursday, June 25
- 9:00 AM: EPA RFS Hearing Begins
- NOON: “Rally for Rural America” in support of raising the Renewable Fuel Standard
- TESTIMONY: Previous EPA hearings had both an early sign-up—which has passed—and a sign-up to speak on site. We do not know if they will let other speakers sign-up but we will try to make sure if you want to testify that you have the ability to do so.
BUS INFO: Buses to the EPA hearing and Rally for Rural America will pick up folks at these locations. Click a point on the map for address, time, and contact information for organizers.