Give testimony at the solitary public hearing scheduled by the State Dept. on the proposed Keystone XL pipeline proposed Mainline Alternative Route in Nebraska — Tuesday, Oct. 9 (4:30-7:30 p.m.) in Lincoln.
UPDATE: The State Dept. has announced the format for the event on Tuesday — and it’s a “meeting,” not the standard public hearing where everyone can hear everyone else’s testimony.
**Important — no bags of any kind (including purses) will be allowed inside the Cornhusker Marriott. You will be asked to return them to your vehicle (if you drove). If you bring written notes, please put them in your pocket. **
More details from Jane here:
BUS SCHEDULE TO LINCOLN:
(Join the bus? Call Tom Genung 402-984-7548 or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 10:00 a.m. – Stuart, NE (meet at Myers Shop)
- 10:15 a.m. – Atkinson (Atkinson Community Center)
- 10:45 a.m. – O’Neill (KBR4 – Park area)
- 11:10 a.m. – Ewing (Quick Shop)
- 11:35 a.m. – Neligh (Courthouse)
- 12:00 p.m. – Tilden (Quick shop or Fire Hall)
- 12:40 p.m. – Walmart (brief stop; depart 1pm)
- **(Columbus, Rising City, Seward? other stops if needed)
- 3:30 p.m. – Arrive to Lincoln Cornhusker Marriott hotel (KXL meeting venue)
- 7:30 p.m. – Conclusion of KXL Hearing / voter outreach for Christa;
bus departs Lincoln
SIGN UP BELOW to let us know you’re coming. WATCH: Testimony from 2013:
The hearing will be focused on the Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (SEIS) that the State Dept. published on Sept. 24.
Commenters are encouraged to focus on the “Mainline Alternative Route” in Nebraska, and the environmental, cultural, economic and other issues outlined in the draft SEIS. Landowners from the Mainline Alt Route counties are especially encouraged to attend and testify; landowners are also organizing a bus from the Sandhills—sign up below.
- Need help preparing your testimony? Click here for Bold’s KXL Fact Sheet.
- Can’t join us? Submit a written comment here.