We can stop Keystone XL and #FlipThePSC by electing Christa Yoakum to the Nebraska Public Service Commission.
In 2017, the Nebraska Public Service Commission (PSC) reached a contested 3-2 decision to approve a “Mainline Alternative Route” for TransCanada’s Keystone XL pipeline.
Two of the seats on the Commission who were “yes” votes, to approve the KXL pipeline route, are up in the 2018 General Election in Nebraska.
If one additional Commissioner who opposes the pipeline is elected, it’s likely Keystone XL would be rejected should a new permit application eventually come before the newly-elected PSC Commissioners post-November.
Christa Yoakum has stated her opposition to KXL, and is running in Public Service Commission District 1, which includes the major metropolitan area of Lincoln, where pipeline opposition runs high.
- ACTION: Volunteer to make calls or knock doors to #FlipThePSC
- ELECTION DAY: Tuesday, Nov. 6th
- REGISTER TO VOTE: Register to vote online (or at your County Election Office), update your address or party affiliation by Oct. 26th.
- VOTE BY MAIL: Download, complete, and return a Vote By Mail application by Oct. 26th.
- VOTE EARLY IN PERSON: Starting Oct. 8th, you may vote early in person at your County Election Office.
- POLLING LOCATIONS: Click here to find your polling place.