On Wednesday, Jan. 20, Bold Nebraska delivered some quality, 100% made-in-Nebraska salami to key Senators to urge them to oppose LB 176, a bill that would expand corporate factory hog farming into Nebraska, put family famers out of business, and pollute our water.
Here’s a full list of Senators (and their contact information) who received the Nebraska salami, produced by Omaha restaurant The Grey Plume sourced from heritage breed pork raised by TD Niche Pork out of Elk Creek, Nebraska:
- Sen. Roy Baker: (402) 471-2620 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Kate Bolz: (402) 471-2734 email@example.com
- Senator Laura Ebke: (402) 471-2711 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Curt Friesen: (402) 471-2630 email@example.com
- Senator Tommy Garrett: (402) 471-2627 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senator Sara Howard: (402) 471-2723 email@example.com
- Sen. Rick Kolowski for Legislature: (402) 471-2327 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. John Kuehn for Legislature: (402) 471-2732 email@example.com
- Senator Brett Lindstrom: (402) 471-2618 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Heath Mello: (402) 471-2710 email@example.com
- State Senator Adam Morfeld: (402) 471-2720 firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Senator Patty Pansing Brooks: (402) 471-2633 email@example.com
- Sen. Merv Riepe: (402) 471-2623 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lincoln Journal Star also picked up the story and followed the money in form of campaign donations from China-owned pork conglomerate Smithfield to Nebraska State Senators who are backing the corporate-friendly LB 176.