On Wednesday, Jan. 20, Bold Nebraska delivered some quality, 100% made-in-Nebraska salami to key Senators to urge them to oppose LB 176, a bill that would expand corporate factory hog farming into Nebraska, put family famers out of business, and pollute our water.
Here’s a full list of Senators (and their contact information) who received the Nebraska salami, produced by Omaha restaurant The Grey Plume sourced from heritage breed pork raised by TD Niche Pork out of Elk Creek, Nebraska:
- Sen. Roy Baker: (402) 471-2620 email@example.com
- Sen. Kate Bolz: (402) 471-2734 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senator Laura Ebke: (402) 471-2711 email@example.com
- Sen. Curt Friesen: (402) 471-2630 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senator Tommy Garrett: (402) 471-2627 email@example.com
- Senator Sara Howard: (402) 471-2723 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Rick Kolowski for Legislature: (402) 471-2327 email@example.com
- Sen. John Kuehn for Legislature: (402) 471-2732 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senator Brett Lindstrom: (402) 471-2618 email@example.com
- Sen. Heath Mello: (402) 471-2710 firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Senator Adam Morfeld: (402) 471-2720 email@example.com
- State Senator Patty Pansing Brooks: (402) 471-2633 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Merv Riepe: (402) 471-2623 email@example.com
The Lincoln Journal Star also picked up the story and followed the money in form of campaign donations from China-owned pork conglomerate Smithfield to Nebraska State Senators who are backing the corporate-friendly LB 176.